Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
jaded

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:54 am Reply with quote

I have installed this. Great work Montego!

now, when i hover over the link in the modules block it shows the whatever.html link. When I click that it takes me to that page and shows a 404. What have I forgotten? Embarassed Confused

Thanks. Tapping works fine on my jaded-designs.com site.

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:06 am Reply with quote

i got it working.. lol. It is really a great program montego. You should be proud. Razz

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote

I am going to agree with you Jaded - excellent work!! And the best bit - no more butchering the core tables for html links in the blocks woo-hoo!!

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote

yes, that is the best part. The other took much more work and still never worked this well. Razz

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks! I really do appreciate the kind words. While most of this is GT-NExtGEn, I saw the chance to improve upon it. I also made it so that you could very easily tap even backend.php and other scripts like this, which do not include header.php and footer.php in the normal manner (or at all).

Anyways, still have more ideas to incorporate over time.

BTW, you can even stop hardcoding your themes to use the new URLs! You may not have caught that one. Just place these into the GTZ-PageTap.php and any remaining links on the entire page which it finds a match, it will "tap". I use this for the menu items at the top as well as could be used for Messages and other HTML content that is not otherwise tapped (only if you cannot otherwise easily mod them).

Anyways, glad you like!

I have also tightened up the code quite a bit for Dynamic Titles and may release that one as well... I have some more ideas there, but they might be better off combining with nukeSEO and with dynamic meta tags.

Anyways, enough for now. Gotta go.

makaveli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

This mod looks amazing, however I intsalled it and I am getting 404 errors. Can anybody help me get rid of the errors?

Thanks!

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Sure, sounds to me like you forgot to add the statements to the .htaccess file. See Step 4 in the installation instructions.

makaveli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote

Hey montego,

Thanks for the reply. I did follow step 4 in the instructions and I still get the error. I uploaded the .htaccess file that came with the package.

Is it possible it's a file permission problem?

Thanks!

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:46 am Reply with quote

It's possible your server does not allow mod_rewrite but I would expect to see a 501 error not a 404.
Any chance of a link to your site?

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:53 am Reply with quote

Just as an after thought, are you getting 404 errors on every link where the browser bar is showing a shortened URL?
And you are absolutely positive all the files uploaded correctly?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:00 am Reply with quote

A long time back I was having to debug why mod_rewrite wasn't working for me (turns out it was, but my local Apache configuration was slightly "off"). This thread here might be of use to you:

http://ravenphpscripts.com/postt7072.html

Some of the principles there might give you the right clues to figure this out. If not, write back here with specifics as to what you have tried (from that thread) and the results, and we'll try and help you out further.

makaveli

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I really appreciate all the replies. I tried everything before re-posting and I have finally located and fixed the problem.

Just in case anybody else could use this information, my php-nuke was a fresh install so I didn't really have a .htaccess file. I renamed the file that came with this package and then uploaded it.

After taking a closer look at this file I saw the line

#RewriteEngine on

It looked like this line is being commented out so I simply changed the line to

RewriteEngine on

Now all is well in url re-writing land and everything works great. Thanks for all the help!

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:45 am Reply with quote

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.

floppy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Thanks! I really do appreciate the kind words. While most of this is GT-NExtGEn, I saw the chance to improve upon it. I also made it so that you could very easily tap even backend.php and other scripts like this, which do not include header.php and footer.php in the normal manner (or at all).

Anyways, still have more ideas to incorporate over time.

BTW, you can even stop hardcoding your themes to use the new URLs! You may not have caught that one. Just place these into the GTZ-PageTap.php and any remaining links on the entire page which it finds a match, it will "tap". I use this for the menu items at the top as well as could be used for Messages and other HTML content that is not otherwise tapped (only if you cannot otherwise easily mod them).

Anyways, glad you like!

I have also tightened up the code quite a bit for Dynamic Titles and may release that one as well... I have some more ideas there, but they might be better off combining with nukeSEO and with dynamic meta tags.

Anyways, enough for now. Gotta go.

Oh, I did not know that part about PageTap.

Nice

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rikimaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote

hello! I seem to have the same problem , i mean i get 404 errors, for example when i try to register a new user it comes up with http://url.com/account-new_user.html but it tells me that the page cannot be found. I have the .htacces file up to my server and i check it out and all the codes are there. any ideea?

View next topic
View previous topic