Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
toxictoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:25 am Reply with quote

Hi there,

I used the newsletter module last week for the first time. Creation and template adaptation works like a charm. No problem there. I used it with nuke 7.9 with all patches (3.2) and FCKeditor installed. I have send it to 2500 users who subscribed to the newsletter. During sending after 10 minutes or so I received a white page (possibly because I had error logging turned off in the config file). I'm not sure what caused it but it could be the double quote bug that is patched in the mean time as I noticed going through the forums. Almost half of the subscribed user received the newsletter. I'll send a new one next week with the patch applied and error loggin on. I hope to be able to tell you more then.

I would have following suggestions for the next version :

- bounce management and better reporting on the nummer of sends that have succeeded. Now with this error as described above I would like to know who received the mail and who didn't.
- Possibility to change the email adress for the sender so he doesn't take the admin email. I want the sender to be newsletter@domain.com instead of admin@domain.com
- below the newsletter the possibility to directly unsubscribe from the newsletter in the users settings within nuke (your_account) instead of a link to write a mail to unsubscribe.
- in the newsletter the downloads link directly to the download of the file. I prefer to have them linked to the description page of that download.

I hope to see some good improvements in the next version however i notice that the last 6 months there has not been any progress. Are you going to stop development ?

Cheers
ToxicToy

PS : sorry for my bad English. I'm not native English speaking.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote

Welcome! Please see this thread here:

http://montegoscripts.com/ftopict-33.html

Unfortunately, you are running into a timeout issue. I just have not had time to work on the 1.4 release in which I intend on fixing this issue. If you one of the lucky ones where you have control over your server (and php.ini, apache, etc.), you can increase these time-out settings and that should work.

I have no plans to drop development of the HTML Newsletter, but have been too busy with RavenNuke. Hope to get back to it in a few months.

Regards,
montego

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote

BTW, hoping to start up development again on the HTML Newsletter after the New Year. Just been way too busy on RavenNuke and other nuke/php support.

View next topic
View previous topic