Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
capeweather

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Hey Montego..Just found out you are taking over Bills project with GT-Nextgen. I think this is great because it really is a great product and it has really helped me in my PR with google. I have dropped Bill a few emails asking him what happened to Gt-nextgen.com but have not had a response from him. His site, which you probably already know, has been suspended.

Anyway...
I'm looking forward to future updates and really miss the block conversion he used to have. Maybe you could come up with that again. Or maybe even come up with a way to GT coppermine. I've been wanting to do this since I tapped everything and that is all I have left to do. Thanks for your efforts. Very Happy

Chris

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote

Thanks Chris. I had also looked over at nukecops and didn't see enough active assistance there either.

What I am doing is actually making my own improvements to the code and concept. I am incorporating my blocks "tap" approach rather than using the .4a beta code (as I was having trouble getting it to work AND it has performance issues). My GTBlocks hack solves this by providing a mechanism to tap blocks using very similar GT files rather than having to edit block code! I don't believe that editing block files is the way to go.

Regarding Coppermine, capture all the links that are generated by Coppermine (and that you really want to tap) and then it should be straightforward on tapping those.

Personally, I refuse to use Coppermine as there are too many known security issues with it.

capeweather

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. As of right now I have .4a operable on my site. It took a while to get configured if I can remember correctly (was last year sometime) but adding new blocks seems to be a pain because the block converter is no long accessible on Bills old site. Will I be able to use yours on mine to do the conversion even though I'm using the latest version? If I could that would be great. I'll have to look into Coppermine and see what I can do. I installed it within the past few months and havent really been able to attempt a tap for it. It would be nice to do but if I can't its really not a big deal. I've read on the forum where a lot of people are having problems tapping CM as well. If you like, I can send you the files that I have for tapping to .4a, including the latest version of Sommaire. I'd be happy to help out.

Chris

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Chris,

You will have to re-do the installation if you wanted my soon to be released version of this. It should not be that difficult, however, as I have moved alot of the mainfile.php code into a separate included script.

Regarding "Sommaire", and other blocks, with my GTBlocks Hack, you would not have had to change any lines of code in Sommaire. You would simply provide the urlin/out statements as you normally would with the GT-* files. Download my hack and take a look. But just remember that if you are using .4a, there will be conflicting code in mainfile.php if you choose to install my hack. Might be better to just wait for my final TegoNuke(tm) ShortURLs release in a few weeks.

View next topic
View previous topic