Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Unit1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote

I just tryed to send out the news letter and it said it was sent but i got no email Embarassed I tryed to do it with turning the site email on also but i still dont get the news letter any thoughts on this problem

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote

Is it in test mode?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote

Unit1,

Definitely check what Guardian has said. It would be under "Main Config" and then if the Debug Mode has "VERBOSE" set, you'll be getting a bunch of debug output text and also no emails will be sent.

If the above is not the case, which send option were you trying to use and have you validated that the email addresses for that option are what you would have expected?

Unit1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote

The problem was with my test site the host must have something shut off so it will not even send out the default newsletter bulit into nuke

So I tried it on my main host and it sends with no problem. But I was running into another problem as my main site has TinyM editor built into it so every time I tried to send out the newsletter it would say that the text filed needs to have a value. This was driving me nuts as I was typing in the text box over and over again and it would not validate it. Well I did some digging around and had to change some of the code to shut the editor off I change some of the code in the includes/javascript.php also in the HTML_Newsletter index.php and in the HTML_Newsletter admin index.php now it works great

Thanks for a great mod

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Unit,

Thank you for the update. I was torn with what to support with regards to WYSIWYG editors. Due to all the security issues with nuke above 7.6 (upon introduction of the TinyMCE editor), I finally decided that I was going to go with the nukeWYSIWYG integration.

I had to make the choice quickly as I wanted the editor in 1.3.x. Now, as the patched versions of the higher nukes are getting closer to being more "solid", I am going to take another look at that decision in future HNL releases.

Regards,
montego

Unit1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote

You are welcome If you need it I can give you the code changes that I did to get it to run with TinyM Very Happy

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote

If it can be documented here for others, that would be great. But, if there is too much change, please send to montego _{ at }_ montegoscripts __ d o t __ com.

Thanks!

View next topic
View previous topic