Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Faytal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how RavenNuke 3 is coming along.

Was the forums profile finally phased out and the Avatar Upload feature added to the Your_Account UserCP?

If not, is there a way to combine the forums profile and the nuke profile together into one, so there is only 1 edit profile area, and so that the avatars can be uploaded through the Your_Acocount profile of RavenNuke? I've seen many RavenNuke sites do this.

Secondly, how would I add topic titles in my ShortLinks URLs? I would like my URLs to be outputted as this:

Topics:
/Forums/t=7361/some-topic-name.html

Or...

Forums:
/Forums/f=2/general-discussion.html

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote

Faytal,

Regarding RN3, we have a ton on our plate. This will end up being a pivotal release for the CMS as it will even come with a name change and vastly different UI framework, UTF-8 support, etc. Already too much for this small team of volunteers who have other lives to live too.

ShortLinks works by rewriting text strings that look like URLs. If the topic name/text isn't in that string, it cannot be re-written. Therefore, to do this, you would first need to modify the forums code to add the topic titles to the URL string.

There may have been others that have done this, but I certainly do not have the time to do this for you. Sorry. But the above is all the hint you need. Wink

Faytal

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:

Therefore, to do this, you would first need to modify the forums code to add the topic titles to the URL string.

Yes, I have a mod installed for that (I can't find a link to it again), but the topic title is in the url like this:

/ftopic-my-thread-name-t8371.html

And I want it to be:
/Forums/t=8371/my-thread-name.html

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote

It looks like, then, you have all the needed pieces. I encourage you to give it a try. The best way to learn is to try. You have all the pieces and examples needed in all the other taps to figure this out.

If you get stuck, post back the specific issue and I can try and help you that way.

Faytal

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote

Ok, I will try. But I believe I may need a base href, so that the image and link "directories" do not get messed up and pointed to /Forums/{url}. Where would I add a base href?

And would I just edit the GT-Forums.php to output the URLs and then add the corresponding rewrites to the .htaccess? I'm a beginner at this, so I might be wrong.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Your second question about GT-Forums.php is the correct starting point. Once you have that working, then you will need to check each and every other GT and GTB file for additional Forum module taps... Forum links could be in other modules/blocks unfortunately.

A base href won't really help you there. That is not its intent and if your current rewrites are working fine, I wouldn't change that.

As far as images are concerned, would you really have images with src URL's that will cause matches? Can you give me a couple of URL examples from your site where this would be the case so that I can take a look?

Faytal

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote

For example, if I was to go to mysite.com/admin/blablabla, the whole structure and images are messed up.

Here: http://ow.ly/kIby8

Would a RewriteBase fix this?
If not, how would I fix this?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Faytal,

The link you provided doesn't help me understand as it just says the module is not active.

You say:

Quote:

if I was to go to mysite.com/admin/blablabla, the whole structure and images are messed up

I am completely confused now what you are trying to show me. I registered an account on the site, but I am not seeing anything wrong?

Faytal

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:13 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Faytal,
I am completely confused now what you are trying to show me. I registered an account on the site, but I am not seeing anything wrong?

Sorry for confusing you. The reason you aren't seeing the error is because I decided to use the error documents, so now it doesn't mess up.

How would I use a 404 error page like this, instead of ErrorDocuments?

http://www.codezwiz.com/blabla

I want to make my own custom 404 page, but not to redirect to a 404.php, I want 404 to display on the page.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote

You can usually do that in cPanel. Look for Error Pages in your sites cpanel and you can create your own custom error pages.

Faytal

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote

Here is the problem I'm talking about:

http://ow.ly/kIqQ9

nuken

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote

I understand the problem. It is the error docs that causes that. Look in your cpanel and see if you can make your own custom error pages. Disable the error docs in .htaccess.

View next topic
View previous topic