Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
chuckcal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Nuke 7.9 with proper updates

I've tried it with the WYSIWYG off and on, doesn't matter, the following validation error happens every time (preview and submit)

Code:
THE FOLLOWING FIELDS FAILED VALIDATION:

Newsletter Text: Required field must be given a value

I am ensuring that there is something in the text field... Any ideas?

Thanks.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote

This add-on is for nuke 6.5 - 7.6 only as mentioned in the download details and readme. It is not designed to work with anything above 7.6 because version above 7.6 are too bug ridden and insecure. It is a personal choice that I had to make. The integration that was done by FB with the TinyMCE editor opened up way too many security holes.

Sorry.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote

Wait a minute... you had this working with HNL 1.2 on 7.9? How did you get that to work?

By the way, the "Use WYSIWYG" editor switch is for nukeWYSIWYG only and so is not designed to work with TinyMCE. So, the only way it would even have a chance of working is with this flag unchecked.

chuckcal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Wait a minute... you had this working with HNL 1.2 on 7.9? How did you get that to work?

I'm actually running a bundled nuke from http://www.max.pcnuke.com/ and downloaded 1.2 from their site... maybe they tweaked 1.2 to work with 7.9. I'll uninstall 1.3 and go back.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:17 am Reply with quote

It doesn't make sense to me that it worked in 1.2 and not in 1.3. I downloaded the HNL1.2 installation from pc-nuke and it is identical to my original distribution.

What you could try is finding this comment line within script: modules/HTML_Newsletter/admin/admin.php.

//Newsletter Body

Then find the following lines:

Code:
   echo "<tr ${msnl_asCSS['TR_top']}>\n";
   echo "<td colspan=\"2\">\n";
   echo "<textarea name='msnl_textbody' cols='100' rows='".$msnl_gasModCfg['wysiwyg_rows']."'>";
   echo stripslashes( $_POST['msnl_textbody'] )."</textarea>\n";
   echo "</td>\n</tr>\n";
   echo "</table>\n";

And replace with these:

Code:
   echo "</table>\n";
   echo "<textarea name='msnl_textbody' cols='100' rows='".$msnl_gasModCfg['wysiwyg_rows']."'>";
   echo stripslashes( $_POST['msnl_textbody'] )."</textarea>\n";

I am wondering if the core nuke 7.9 TinyMCE implementation does not work right with tables?

chuckcal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote

I removed 1.3 completely, and reinstalled. Tried sending, and received the same validation error above... then made your suggested changes, and got the same validation error. I also noted I couldn't add a category because it didn't see the category description I entered.

I removed 1.3 completely and reinstalled 1.2, I am now able to add categories and can create a newsletter. I haven't been through everything yet, but it seems to work.

If you'd like when I make it public I'll send the URL so you can see.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:43 pm Reply with quote

chuckcal wrote:
I also noted I couldn't add a category because it didn't see the category description I entered.

I am not sure what you mean by "because it didn't see the category description I entered". When you used the "Add Category" function, entered the requested information and then saved, are you saying you did not see it when you looked at the category list again?

Try setting your display errors to "True" and try to save a new category again and see if you get any errors. I would be really surprised that you are getting an error because I am trapping just about every SQL call, but this is bugging me...

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote

I have released a patch to 1.3.0. Not sure if you ever got it all working?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote

chuckcal, can you please let me know if you got it working with the 01.03.01 version? Thanks.

ispgeek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote

For those working with 7.9 the above ref error can be worked around by inserting 3 to 5 blank lines at the beg of the newsletter body text and also at the end. Sometimes you can insert them and then delete a couple and get the same results. This is currently working for me without any problems.

Also...don't click preview....click send and directly send admin copy first. If you need to edit your html do it outside tiny editor and copy and paste. For some reason the preview option has issues...

View next topic
View previous topic