Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
protegechris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:45 am Reply with quote

Installed the newsletter module on Nuke 7.6 with the NukePatched 3.1 files tonight and went to send a newsletter.. After a long period (20 minutes?) the page went to "Cannot Find Server".

Sending to a relatively small number of users (1,638 users)

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote

protegechris wrote:
Sending to a relatively small number of users (1,638 users)

That is not a small number of users. See this thread here: http://montegoscripts.com/ftopict-33.html

Unfortunately, it is a PHP time-out issue. I plan on addressing this issue in version 1.4 (since 1.3 is already done and QA tested). Basically, I am planning on first adding support for manual "paging" through batches of sends and eventually working in automatic refreshes to do the same.

Another problem you have to be aware of is if you have any restrictions on the number of emails you can send in a defined period of time from your hosting provider. I really am struggling with how to get around that one. Are you aware of any such limitations of your host and if so, do you mind sharing those with me?

protegechris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote

Totally understandable. I run a few forums and this happen to be one of the lowest counts so didn't really know.

If you need any reference check out http://www.webinsta.com/ I used to use it with my phpBB addresses (had to extract them), it sends out in batches if you needed anything to check out to see how it works.

I share a dedicated server with one other guy who runs another radio station, don't have any limits in place on sending out emails or anything else, sure it's just the PHP time limit.. guess I'll wait for the next version Smile

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote

You are in a good situation for an automated send process! How lucky you are. Thanks for sharing. I will make this a top priority for 1.4 which I plan on starting immediately upon release of 1.3.

View next topic
View previous topic