Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote

Well you inspired me to try out some mobile theme-ing and I have made some progress toward "one" potential mobile solution for RN, using jQuery Mobile.

The jQuery Mobile framework is pretty easy to use although there are some differences from jquery itself, and a few hurdles.

One nice feature, which helps to get around mobile js cache problems is that most pages are loaded via ajax, so you don't have to reload jquery per page load.. Smile

With several of their features (like nested content), jQuery Mobile appends url's with anchor style links, which has a couple of side effects. Traditional anchor links are broken, as it will look for a page with the id of the anchor instead of normal anchor behavior. And.... for the reason that brought me here, I think some of the shortlink regex patterns may need to be adjusted to handle some of these urls. For instance, even though this is an "additional tap" if I visit

modules.php?name=Sitemap - i get urls like so
localhost/html/modules.php?name=Sitemap#/html/modules.php?name=Sitemap&ui-page=0-2
sitemap.html - i get urls like so
localhost/html/sitemap.html#/html/sitemap.html&ui-page=0-0

I'm pretty sure shortlinks is having trouble matching an url such as
localhost/html/modules.php?name=Sitemap#/html/modules.php?name=Sitemap&ui-page=0-2

even if the site was not installed in a sub dir I'm pretty sure "some" of the url's would look something like so.
localhost/modules.php?name=Sitemap#/modules.php?name=Sitemap&ui-page=0-2

Just a heads up more than anything, I realize it's not possible to debug something that doesn't exist yet Smile

While still in it's infancy here's a preview of where I got to last night, w/o any edits to core files......(yet) Still have a bunch of general mobile theme questions that are probably better for another thread Wink

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quote

After working with this some more it's not that big of a deal... It only occurs when using some jquery mobile features and doesn't appear to break anything (yet)

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Take down the latest ShortLinks out of the RN SVN and see if that helps. I think it has the latest of a couple of changes I made. But, just so you know, most of the mobile links then would not be tapped. Not really sure that matters much though.

I really need to overhaul this, what, 6, 7, 8-year old "technology"?

hicux

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote

beautiful, pretty nice spasticdonkey, you are really thinking about future!lol

View next topic
View previous topic