Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote

Wondered if you have any input on tapping a couple URL's that appear within the Print and PrintPDF features of News for the upcoming distro. Looking at other shortlink examples, tapping the pages themselves doesn't seem that difficult; although the URLs in question are absolute and don't match the regex patterns of shortlinks... Sad

Any ideas on tapping these absolute URLs? I realize we cannot do this:
Code:
'"modules.php\?name=News&file=article&sid=([0-9]*)"'

as it could potentially tap links to external sites that are not shortlink enabled..

From Mantis:
Quote:
Google apparently loves pdf files, and not only does it cache them to Google docs, but it also spiders the links within. Took me awhile to figure out where the untapped url was coming from, but after some looking around in google webmaster tools I found out it was the link at the bottom of the pdf. The printer friendly version also has this issue. If we are lucky, Montego may have another brilliant suggestion to add shortlink awareness; while avoiding hard-coding the shorturl in these files....

If you don't have any easy to implement ideas, I suppose I could add nofollow to those links... Rolling Eyes

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote

Now that I have a copy of 2.50.00, I'll take a look, but I'm going to need a couple of days. I'm getting a bunch of spam registrations that I need to squash and so kguske has advanced me a copy of nukeSPAM to test out... I need to stop that first so that I can focus back on the fun stuff. Smile

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote

Thanks for taking a look.. Just FYI the only recent change is the PDF feature of News will convert all url's in the bodytext to absolute; via nukeSEO's reltoabs() function.

Code:
$baseURL = getNukeURL();
$htmlcontent2 = reltoabs($bodytext, $baseURL);
$pdf->WriteHTML($htmlcontent2, true, 0, true, 0);

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
I'm getting a bunch of spam registrations that I need to squash and so kguske has advanced me a copy of nukeSPAM to test out... I need to stop that first so that I can focus back on the fun stuff. Smile

If your pushed for time implementation wise, I can send you a copy of my Project Honeypot module as it only needs one line in mainfile to activate it.

View next topic
View previous topic