Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Just thought I would give a heads up, there are some changes to the User Info block in the next release and some minor tweaks to the corresponding GTB-block-User_Info.php

I was working on the assumption that if it is already tapped via GTZ-PageTap.php I didn't need to tap again; which I presume is correct??

The existing GTB file still works, it just includes some unneeded taps.

Code:
$urlin = array(
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Your_Account&amp;op=userinfo&amp;username=([a-zA-Z0-9_-]*)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Your_Account&amp;op=([a-z_]*)"'
);

$urlout = array(
'userinfo-\\1.html',
'account-\\1.html'
);

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
I was working on the assumption that if it is already tapped via GTZ-PageTap.php I didn't need to tap again; which I presume is correct??

You presume correctly, however, I wouldn't fill up GTZ-PageTap.php with a ton of stuff. It is mainly there to cover hard-coded links made within theme files as well as some other header/footer links. It also more recently helped solve issues with nukeSEO DH/nukeNAV so shortened links would not have to be hard-coded.

Quote:

The existing GTB file still works, it just includes some unneeded taps.

Just so you know, I have not purposely tried to break ShortLinks for PHP-Nuke and other *Nuke derivatives. However, I know at some point, it is going to happen. So, where possible, I've been keeping some of the older taps.

It is always a struggle on what to do when links change. If you remove valid links that are within SE caches, it would be best to not have those now produce 404 errors. It would be better to 301 redirect for some time. That was my primary concern with moving RN from its News module to TON and also a concern with Downloads vs. TegoNuke(tm) Downloads (NSNGD). And... unfortunately, I didn't address this either with its ShortLinks... something to consider if you all decide to run with the newer module in RN.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback and I see what you saying. Didn't make any edits to GTZ-PageTap.php, just relied on some taps that were already there..

But in retrospect, I probably should have left the GTB-block-User_Info as-is since the taps were functioning correctly. live and learn Smile

View next topic
View previous topic