Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Been trying out the latest shortlinks, no issues so far; but had one minor bug that was existing..
nukeFEED shortlinks forum rewrite
In GT-Feeds.php we are rewriting the wrong forum tap
modules.php\?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=([0-9]*)

where nukeFEED uses
modules.php\?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p='.$id.'#'.$id;

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Oh my... I never even saw it here on Montego Scripts until you just pointed it out and I've had that feed available since the dawn of nukeFEED. Embarassed

Thank you my friend. Will correct in my repository and test prior to releasing!

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote

excellent Smile

only other minor ones I've noticed so far are some user-only links for pm savebox and outbox in Your_Account. Not a biggy, but because the module index is tapped we end up with links like so:
messages.html?file=index&folder=savebox
messages.html?file=index&folder=outbox

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:22 pm Reply with quote

Another surprising one that we never caught. I will look into this one as well.

Very much appreciated Spastic!

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote

I think I'm almost done, but there are some other missing taps from Your_Account.. All related to Your_Account/includes which are only displayed sometimes. I know the forum taps are missing, and assume there may be missing taps for Downloads, Weblinks, and maybe something else..

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:31 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed the various module links too. I'll have to refresh my memory as to what you mean by "Your_Account/includes" as it is not ringing a bell with me as to what you mean by that.

Sure do appreciate the help. Of course, I'll be making sure the RN Team has just what they need from the 1.3.0 release and go-forward.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote

By Your_Account/includes I mean the various ui files in modules/Your_Account/includes/, which "bridge" to various modules if the given user has submitted content, etc.

i.e..
ui-l10bbforums.php
ui-l10downloads.php
etc....

some of the links potentially generated by those files are not tapped, and would be indexed by search engines in some cases.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote

Got it! Thanks.

Not sure how they would be indexed by search engines as they are behind the user login? Regardless though, in this case, I prefer to be consistent. I'll check the taps.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 am Reply with quote

Although it's not particularly easy to get to a user info page atm, I'm pretty sure search engines find their way there thru the user info block and via other methods.

found these on google
http://montegoscripts.com/userinfo-montego.html
http://www.ravennuke.com/userinfo-Raven.html

In the upcoming release the Member_list module will link to
modules.php\?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=

which I guess also needs a tap added to GT-Members_List for that, as well as offering a more complete index of user info pages to search engines than before.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote

Well, I'll be... hadn't a clue that was out there. Had to logout just to satisfy my curiosity and sure enough, those links need to be tapped! Never knew! Amazing how you can be around something for so long and still not realize all the tentacles.

Not sure I like the:

Quote:

as well as offering a more complete index of user info pages to search engines than before.

I just hope you all don't take the Facebook approach and make everything opt-out. I wouldn't want that as the default... make me opt-in if I want that kind of "cache" of information.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote

Spastic,

For RavenNuke(tm), I think the Web Link structure at the bottom of Your Account's include needs to be changed. It is not right in my opinion. I had fixed Web Links in RN long back to be able to click on a link details rather than have it just go directly to the site of the link. I am going to add ShortLinks using the following link structure instead:

Code:

modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlinkdetails&lid=10

I believe this is more appropriate. The current link structure is very old and convoluted and looks like this instead:

Code:

modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&l_op=viewlink&cid=3

Hopefully you all will agree. I'd rather fix the original code and get this right rather than create another very odd link structure to SL. Do you and the Team agree?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quote

Yes I saw that url structure and at first thought it was in error, then I saw taps for that url elsewhere.. I've never seen, and can't even find a modload op...??

Doing a global search for modload in the code, it's not used that much, mostly in shortlinks, a couple of HTML_Newsletter templates, and of course Your_Account/includes/ui-l10weblinks.php

I would just say we need to remove this, although I have no idea what it's intended purpose was.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote

That is really weird. Yes, I see now the rewrites in the .htaccess piece but not in any of the GT files... We should probably keep the .htaccess rules in order to avoid breaking any older content. But, I do see no reason why not to change the

modules/Your_Account/includes/ui-l10weblinks.php

to the link I posted earlier (to go to the Link Details).

I will also take up modifying HTML Newsletter to fix those links! Never realized those were in there like that (very old templates).

Good stuff. Thanks!

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote

Sounds good, I have a mantis issue in to reformat the weblink URL as discussed above.

and just to touch on one other point you mentioned, the Member_List module linking to user info pages...

This was done more for users being able to access another users page; than for search engines. If you have the Member_List module set to registered only, as you do here, you should be ok.. Short of any blocks that may link to those pages Wink

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 am Reply with quote

I included that tap. Version 1.3.0 is out to the general public now and hopefully I've made it even easier for the RN Team to incorporate go forward as I am now only supporting RN! Wink

View next topic
View previous topic