Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote

It has been waaaay to long since I even looked at NSN GR Downloads, let alone used it so I have to ask...
Does it have an (admin authenticated) file upload facility or does it rely on the file being FTP'd?

Reason I asked is because I'm in need of a file repository to store a number of public files and code snippets. I couldn't find a copy of the old NSN Repository files anywhere (went through 100+ pages of Google results) so I did find an old copy of NSN Depository, which I have brought up to date and I'm writing a Class to handle to the (recursive) directory searching, file updating and adding files to the DB.
BUT, this module doesn't yet have any upload facility so if NSN GR Downloads does have one, I'm thinking I can use that for uploading complete files/packages and just use Depository for displaying uploaded code snips.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote

The Submit Downloads module within NSNGD is the only upload. Now, with the nukeWYSIWYG advanced editor, remember, there is an upload facility there. In fact, it could be leveraged on the NukeAdmin side of things... Wink Been thinking of that already as I just integrated nukeW into the 1.1.0 code tree yesterday.

I'll package up what I've got so far. It all works with an existing set of NSNGD tables - I haven't made any DB tweaks yet. It will be far more secure, compliant, many bugs fixed, etc. But, I'm sure I introduced a bug or two. Laughing

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote

Good thinking, forgot you were adding in nukeWYSIWYG functionality, that is certainly interesting!

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote

I thought the kcfinder nuken used in his Download module clone was pretty nice.

http://trickedoutnews.com/download-file-108.html

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote

I believe I saw somewhere that kguske was looking into kcfinder. I'd love to get his take on this being the FCKEditor King. Smile

I have not personally seen it before so will be giving this a hard look! Thanks Spastic!

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote

Kcfinder is easy to integrate... I have been using it with NSN Group downloads for a while... This is an addon that people install in 5 minutes if they want it....

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote

That sounds promising since for my personal needs I have to be able to 'upload' files below the webroot to make sure they are not publicly accessible. That looks much better than my string and braces ftp utility.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Kcfinder is easy to integrate... I have been using it with NSN Group downloads for a while... This is an addon that people install in 5 minutes if they want it....

Ok, sounds like I'm going to have to just provide this. Wish it was already in the core nukeWYSIWYG offering. I think kguske was looking into it, but I know that he's been extremely busy lately with his real life. I am including a bunch of things in the download as "Extras" and no reason why this can't be one of them.

hicux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote

Montego, I already tested and it is working properly. Try to include it in the next version but there is an inconvinient. My host can not see the files online because of the repository. Is there anyway to change this issue? Shocked

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:31 am Reply with quote

Thats a bit cryptic and I'm not sure how that relates to montego's NSN GR Downloads as it has not been released yet.
What repository are you referring to? NSN Repository or some other storage directory?
If PHP cannot see files in a directory it is usually because the containing directroy does not have read permissions or the file themselves are not readable (600). OR it could be a recursive directory search search with PHP when there is an htaccess file with "deny from all" in the htaccess - if thats the case you can see specific named files but recursive searches fails due to the directive.

View next topic
View previous topic