Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
pureliving

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote

Presently to submit a download you have to insert a URL that leads to the download where-ever its located, but wouldn't it be of better interest to include the option to have a browse, upload function, that uploads files from the user to the downloads directory?

Whether an idea, or something possible now, this is a question i hope can return a possibility to do so, as for me i wondered how can i change the current function of inputting URL links to a Upload function that retains working along with the anti leech protection?

So instead of having out dated links upon my website where downloads should be located, there always remains a copy of the download in my websites directory, leaving less failed downloads.

Any advice would be appreciated.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quote

I believe you have this option to allow uploads to specific directories. Check your category settings.

I have to apologize up front here. I have very little time any more for this hobby of mine, so I am struggling to deal with your NSN GR Downloads issues over at Raven's site. Mine is working fine here, but I don't know what I may have done to make it work.

One of these days I need to do a small overhaul of this and get this working for RN without all these troubles. Sad Sorry... sorry... sorry.

pureliving

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Montego, I am just confused and really want to get this major part working.

I am trying to build a website for charity organisations, you see, but so far, so many issues are preventing it working. Starting to think i've got a dodgy module copy, or something about permissions settings throughout; anyway maybe i'll sort it just got to look more thoroughly.

Doh!
Sorry once again, busy days, not enough hours i know. Thanks for all your other advice anyway, your excellant.

xx Bless xx

View next topic
View previous topic