Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
ddog241

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote

now with the tap on, allmost everything works fine. (now i have to use the standard downloads tap) the edl 2.1 tap that was posted in the forums gets me a 404 each time.

now the only thing not working with the tap in the downloads is
Rate
Details

everything else is fine.

now i click on -download- details and instead of going to the dl details page it go's right back to the /downloads.html but the url in the browser is downloads.html&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=100&lid=4515&title=VirtualDub%201.6.16#dldetails

so it appears it trying to tap it. but not going thu.

now on rate download when you click the link to rate the dl, instead of it taking you to the download rating page it directs you right back to /download.html but url in the browser is downloads.html&d_op=ratedownload&cid=59&lid=353&ttitle=+PuRgYs-BoOgIe-BoX+#rate

so. any ideas on a fix?

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quote

The standard downloads tap will not work with EDL because I think the links are built differently.
Which taps from the EDL tapping you got from this site are not working?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote

The issue might be with your download title. What happens if you remove the dashes and periods out of your title?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote

Well, this is strange because at least the second one should tap just fine from what I am seeing in the GT-Downloads.php for that link. Are you sure that you have copied the $urlin/$urlout lines that Floppy had?

The first one is odd to me because everywhere else, EDL is using "ttitle" not "title", at least in Floppy's taps. Are you sure that link was a direct copy? If so, you are going to have to adjust the $urlin and .htaccess lines just for that one URL tap to remove the extra "t".

ddog241

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quote

I will have to try removing, the extra t

(i didnt notice it there lol) ill let you know how that works (after the busy real life deal today/2mar lol)

@Guardian, i noticed for me, the edl tap posted here would always give me the 404's no matter what. so I used the standard tap and just hacked it a bit.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote

That is odd because floppy is the one who posted the tap and he uses it on his own sites. Are you sure you are using EDL and not something else, like maybe NSN GR Downloads?

ddog241

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote

its nukestyles edl. 2.1

ddog241

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote

well playing awhile still no change detail still redirects back to main dl page with the url in browser showing the following
downloads.html&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=97&lid=4623&title=Wave Editor 3.0.0.1#dldetails

removed the extra t also in the rate download but it is still forcing
downloads.html&d_op=ratedownload&cid=3&lid=4467&ttitle=a-squared_Free_3.5.0.29#rate

floppy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:56 am Reply with quote

Wow, so long ago when I did this. I think mine works so well because of the way I replace the titles with more friendly versions by removing all the odd characters to be replaced with -'s.

montego wrote:
The issue might be with your download title. What happens if you remove the dashes and periods out of your title?

Maybe after the holidays have settled we can compare notes and get it working. I believe montego was right and we may need a more complicated version of the title reference. Example

Code:
([/:\-\'{}()\,\._&a-zA-Z0-9+= ]*)

OR change it in the GT-downloads.php and .htaccess to (then run the test presented at the bottom of this post)

Code:
([A-Za-z0-9_-]*)

You might can beta test this theory by creating a test download named simply "test" with no quotes, special characters, or spaces. Before finding a solution, we must first find the problem.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ddog241

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:36 am Reply with quote

well, i know something is buggerd up. lol mabe time to re-write anyway found one with no spaces and
Code:

downloads.html&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=30&lid=4344&ttitle=Error_Vox_v2#dldetails

reverts right back to Downloads.html with above in the browser url field

and i still notice it is doing the ttitle instead of title so mabe it is time to just re-write.

View next topic
View previous topic