Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:27 am Reply with quote

If Shortlinks is enabled in config.php the SpChat is disturbed, so when the pop up chat windows opens, it contains the first page of the site and not the actual chat. If I change in config.php to $tnsl_bUseShortLinks = false; it is working normally again. This behaviour is identical for 2 different versions of SpChat
0.8.1.7 and 0.8.2.9

Last edited by Slackervaara on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total 
montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 am Reply with quote

Have you tapped the URLs for SpChat? If not, try renaming GTZ-PageTap.php file to something else and see if it then works. If so, then there is something within that tap file that might be in conflict.

Also, if you have $tnsl_bAutoTapLinks set as "true", you might want to try setting that to "false".

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote

$tnsl_bAutoTapLinks set as false did not change anything and the error persisted.

I have not written any GT-SpChat.php, but I have been thinking of it. Might it solve the problem?

I renamed GTZ-PageTap.php and then suddenly, it was working again. Is it possible to use Shortlinks without GTZ-PageTap.php? Grateful for further instructions on how to proceed.

Many thanks for your rapid response!

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote

Yes, it is possible to use ShortLinks without the GTZ file, however, your links in the header would then have to be hardcoded within your theme. I would much rather figure out which of the rewrite rules in this file is causing the issue.

Any change I can have a look at your site with ShortLinks off and capture the HTML with the links?

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote

I can turn off Shortlinks in a couple of minutes, by disabling it only by config.php. On my webb hotell I have not disabled GTZ-PageTap.php

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote

That is fine, but I need to see the page HTML. Once you turn them off, please go to your page then do a "View Source" and copy and paste that into a file. Then send that file to me at:

montego __AT.. montegoscripts ***DOT&&& com

Thanks.

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote

Thanks. I have posted the source code of the chat window. I guess that's what you need.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Well, I am stumped. I am not seeing what would be causing this. Are you sure your GTZ-PageTap.php file looks like the following:

Code:

$urlin = array(
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Your_Account&amp;op=logout(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Forums(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Your_Account(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Content(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=FAQ(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Submit_News(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Topics(?!&)"',
'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Top(?!&)"'
);

$urlout = array(
'downloads.html',
'account-logout.html',
'forums.html',
'account.html',
'content.html',
'faq.html',
'submit.html',
'topics.html',
'top.html'
);

I just am not seeing where this could affect this.

Are you sure you sent me the right page of HTML? I mean, I need the one which has this "pop-up link" that you refer to in your original post. The page that when the user clicks on some link, it then tries to open up the new window.

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote

Yes, my GTZ-PageTap.php is exactly like that. I can comment out every line with modules.php and html in it, but the problem still persists. It seems to me that this file don't like pop up windows of some reason. I send you an e-mail with the links going to the pop up window.

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:53 am Reply with quote

I have made a functional GT-SpChat.php file and also made rewrite rules in .htaccess for it. The link to the chat room is now in html, but the problem still persists.

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:53 am Reply with quote

I just discovered that, if I have GT-SpChat.php present renaming GTZ-PageTap.php will not solve the problem anylonger, but I have to rename both files for that.

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote

Internet Explorer works normally with the chat strangely enough, but not Firefox and Opera. I normally use Firefox.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:03 am Reply with quote

Slackervaara wrote:
Internet Explorer works normally with the chat strangely enough, but not Firefox and Opera. I normally use Firefox.

Ok, this last one sounds to me like a link that is being passed through javascript that is causing the issue. I have your site now, and I use FireFox, but what link do I click on to replicate this? I think that I am going to have to test this on your live site to figure out what is causing this.

However, if you really don't want to bother with this, you could just delete GTZ-PageTap.php and hard-code your shortened links within your theme and be done with this. I have seen this behavior in a couple of other modules, and at times, this is the only solution.

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quote

This is the link that causes the problem in Firefox and Opera.
/modules.php?op=modload&name=SPChat&file=index&roomid=52
Unfortunately, my webb hotel seems to have problems with the MySQL Server at present. Things are very slow.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 am Reply with quote

I saw that link, but what does it look like when it is tapped then? I suspect it would look exactly the same as it would not match any of the rules.

However, to be quite honest, the script that is producing that link, in my opinion, should be changed to produce it like this instead:

/modules.php?name=SPChat&file=index&op=modload&roomid=52

What it is generating is not a standard nuke URL. It may seem like a moot point, but, different browser/server combinations can send/receive data in different ways. It might be worth trying to change that and seeing what happens.

However, to be quite honest, I need to see how this fails with my own eyes in order to come up with any other ideas. Problem is, I am needing to sign off now and head into my morning get-to-work routine. I won't be back on for another 16 hours. Sad

View next topic
View previous topic