Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Ernst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote

I have loaded WampServer Version 2.0 on my desk top, I then moved my website to that desktop (php-nuke) everything seems to be working except I get this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sommaire_is_user() in C:\wamp\www\www\rx7\blocks\block-Sommaire.php on line 52 ( I get this error on the home page)

if I remove the file "block-Sommaire.php" then the home page works except Sommaire.

this is the code on line 52

$is_user = (sommaire_is_user($user,$gestiongroupe)) ? 1 : 0 ; //cf. fonction sommaire_is_user() en bas

Any help understanding what is wrong would be appreiated. Thanks Ernst

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote

Sounds to me like your block-Sommaire.php got corrupt. I would replace it with what came in the original distribution. I can see that the function is there, so this is just a corrupted file.

Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote

I completely loaded everything all over again, and still have the error, it works fine out there on somebody else server, but will not on my desk top, which leads me to believe is is server related but, not sure which way to go, if the same php file works elsewhere I can't see it being that. Thanks Ernst

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it is odd, and I can honestly say that in four years working with PHP I have never seen this behavior. That error message "Call to undefined function " is exactly that. That function is not being recognized by PHP as having been parsed. It makes no sense to me except for a corrupted file.

Try manually transferring the file in ASCII mode and then also try Binary mode just in case... That is, of course, if you are grabbing the file from the server and placing it locally I guess.

I am out of ideas. The bottom line is that function is NOT being parsed by PHP and so you have to figure out why. This works perfectly fine for me on my own local XAMPP installation (which could be another option to try).

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote

That WAMP Server looks mighty interesting with it's ability to switch easily between multiple mySQL and PHP versions I may give that a go since I have not got around to installing XAMP on my new PC.

I have to agree with Montego, there is onlu one way you could get that error. Try downloading the module again from somewhere else and use the file from that in case the download itself had a corrupt file.

View next topic
View previous topic