View next topic
View previous topic
Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:17 pm Reply with quote

When viewing the module from the main menu i.e
http://www.guildofsecurity.co.uk/modules.php?name=HTML_Newsletter
The theme I am using screws up the display - the table background cell is a dark blue and the text is invisible unless I drag the mouse over it.

Any idea which file the layout colours can be found for the index.php file?
I checked index.php and the only thing there is the for the $title variable

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Guardian,

Unfortunately, I cannot see what you are seeing as you have no newsletters open to the "anonymous". I have looked everywhere and I am "stumped". I can find no style-type tags anywhere that should be causing you an issue. Each newsletter row is being built using function HNL_get_block_row found in file NW_HNL_Functions.php.

It should be using the default text for a link, which, again is confusing me.

I'll have to think about this tonight after work when I can grab more time... in the meantime, if you find something out, please let me know.

Thanks!
montego

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Thats weird, the module permission is set to all visitors.
What is happening is the page loads;
http://www.guildofsecurity.co.uk/modules.php?name=HTML_Newsletter
It shows the 'unassigned' row then the 'Guild Newsletters' row but unless you left click the page (hold down mouse button) and drag over the blue background for the row, you cannot see anything.

I think this is a result of the link color being the same as the background color so it make the text effectively 'invisible' as the colours are the same, all you see is a block of blue colour.

I will have a look at the function file to see if there is anything obvious that I can change.

Note: This is not an issue with your code, it is probably a theme related issue but I mention it here in case we can either resolve this specific problem or perhaps develop some sort of css 'include' for the development roadmap as this will probably rear its ugly head again with the number of people using custom themes etc.
All helps to make a better product Wink

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Funny that you mention "sort of CSS include". I have had discussions with Steph Benoit (64bitguy) over at his site and I have settled on a temporary design for my new module. Since my requirement is to support as many version of nuke as possible without having to manage multiple code paths, as well as making it very easy to install, I have put aside the .css style sheet idea since it has to be included between the head tags.

I have resorted to inline "style" tags with variable defines that would be very easy to change (in one file) and it will ripple throughout. I just need to test it with various browsers and with a compliant nuke site (Steph's "After Patched" hopefully).

Opportunities about for 1.3+

montego

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:17 am Reply with quote

Thats not a bad idea as using inline tags would prevent any conflicts with any css styles that have already been defined and would probably go a long way toward making that particuar area compliant.

If a webmaster then wanted it to look like their main theme, all they would have to do is compare your tags with those in their theme css file making the 'blending' quite an easy task even for those not too familiar with html or php.

I am always on hand for beta testing.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Guardian,

I have fixed this issue with version 1.3.x. I have included in that release some "extras", one of which are instructions on how to use true CSS sheets so that you can create one for each theme that you want to support and you can change most of the HNL colors by theme!

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Outstanding!
I have been meaning to lest the latest version for some time but what with my own module, RN and an influx of hosting customers, it has been a little hectic of late Smile

Last edited by Guardian on Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total 
montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote

BTW, this is how I am running here at Montego Scripts. I have three themes enabled and I have three CSS files for just the HNL. However, I did not need to change any of the colors. I just wanted the little extra "speed" with the cached CSS statements... every nano-second helps! Smile

View next topic
View previous topic