Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
zzb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote

Just thought I would ask this question here regarding HTML Newsletter and Downloads statistics.

Which files contain the code that may need to be modified if field names have been customized from the virgin nuke_downloads_downloads table?

I would like to compare the field names with those I have from a Platinum Nuke install. This is the download module contained within the Nuke Platinum package:

Module's Name: Enhanced Downloads Module
Module's Version: 1.7a
Module's Description: Enhanced Downloads Mod by NukeStyles.com

I have your entire package running well except for this one area and I suspect that the sql field names may have been altered by the developer. The table name is the same nuke_downloads_downloads and data exists in the table, but I only see 0 catagories and 0 downloads even though I have 5 catagories and 32 downloads on the site that should be passed to the HTML newsletter code. My guess is that field names are different.

If you can point me to which files contain the code that extracts the data from my SQL database I should be able to modify it. If I am succesful I will let you know and pass you a copy for Platinum Nuke users. the numbers are growing Smile

Tnx
ZZ

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote

It would be NW_HNL_MakeNewsletter.php. Look for the following code towards the top:

Code:

// Total Downloads Files
   $sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_".$downloadmod."_downloads";
   $result = $db->sql_query($sql);
   $downloadfiles = $db->sql_numrows($result);
   $downloadfiles = intval($downloadfiles);

// Total Downloads Categories
   $sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_".$downloadmod."_categories";
   $result = $db->sql_query($sql);
   $downloadcat = $db->sql_numrows($result);
   $downloadcat = intval($downloadcat);

Regards,
montego

zzb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Thanks ....

I had to "hard wire" the code to get it to work right. When I have time I will check why the Config routine does not update the variable properly from the admin files and pass "downloads" to the variable within this Platinum platform. I wonder if there is any special CHMODs needed or if any of the Chatserv patches combined with Sentinel might be an issue.

Anyway... I got it working fine on my installation. Thanks for the lead on where to modify. I also needed to hardwire later down the file to get the display of the latest downloads to be displayed.

Cheers... and thanks... you can close this request.
ZZ

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quote

zzb,

If you don't kind, could you kindly PM me the server O/S (i.e., Linux, Windows, etc.), make and version of web server AND client browser? I have seen some strange things happen with the get/post variable and haven't collected enough info to pin it down on anything in particular.

Thanks!
montego

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote

zzb, thanks for asking this question. I was going to look at this myself as I'm using Nuke Royal E-Solution 2 on my site and this uses a stand alone database table for the downloads so your question, along with Monego's answer and posted code will assist me in my own modifications at a later date.

zzb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quote

Glad to be of assistance. I really like the HTML Newsletter application because of it's flexibility, templates and archiving system. I still don't understand why I had to hardwire the code to by pass the variable setting feature in the main config panel. I do think it is an anomoly related to the Platinum platform and not Montego's code. You should be able to get it to function on your platform by ensuring that the sql data table naming convention matches that in the SQL query code.

View next topic
View previous topic