Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Kestrel731

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quote

Admin note: This thread originally came from here: http://montegoscripts.com/ftopict-181.html. I have left the post in-tact, so it talks about the first issue being resolved, but sets up nicely for the second issue.

Thank you, that fixed the Unknown column 'requestor' in 'field list' problem, but unfortunately I have another problem now. I tried to approve a test user and everything runs smoothly, I get the e-mail with the activation link. When I click that activation link it takes me straight to the login screen, when I try to login it says "login incorrect." It seems that the users stay in the pending_users table but are not put in the regular users table. When I try to modify these users from the admin panel, it says "user does not exist" so they are not even there.

Not sure what is causing this but any input would help
Thanks again

I think i found the problem, has nothing to do with the databases, whenever it sends the activation link it puts in Your_Account&op=activate&username...
this causes it to send you to the wrong page, how do I fix this and get rid of those amp after the & symbol?
If I type the link in without those it works fine...

Thanks

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quote

Hhhhmmmm, I am looking at the code and it is building the finish link with just "&" as follows:

Code:
        $finishlink = "$nukeurl".'/modules.php?name='."$module_name".'&op=activate&username='.urlencode($username).'&check_num='."$check_num";

That does not make sense to me why you are getting "&amp". What browser and email client are you using?

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:40 am Reply with quote

I don't think you would actually & in your email client unless it is set for plain text only, in which case it might actually be adding those.
If your mail client is set to allow html then it would interpret & as & in any case.

Having said all that, the latest IE update has seriously screwed with a lot of stuff so I'm glad I use FF as my primary browser. Sessions in particular seem to be horlixed (thats a technical term Wink ).

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote

Ok, gents, let us continue now on this thread...

Kestrel731

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote

I tried it with a different e-mail client and it seemed to work fine. I assume it is just like you said that it has to be able to read html e-mail. Anyway, I'm up an running now.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quote

hhhmmm... interesting. I'll have to look at the original activation link mail, but I suspect that it is doing this the same way. I'll post back my findings.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Kestrel731 Could you possibly forward me one of the emails to webmasterATcode-authorsDOTcom so I can actually see how the link was formatted in the email.

Kestrel731

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote

Sure thing, I just sent it this evening.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quote

M The problem might be withGmail.
Looking at the mail source it is actually using &

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quote

Uggghhh... I would have expected Microsoft to pull off this sort of crap (always thinking it knows better than you how to do things).

I'll still look at the original mail links, but if they are the same, there isn't much I can do, except maybe try to force the headers to be HTML and see if that helps. It is next to impossible to support so many clients when they cannot behave consistently because you have no idea what you are sending the mail to....

p17blo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, Only just spotted this here but I have been through this entire problem including posting a solution over at Ravenscripts - If I have seen this earlier, and ascertained off the bat that the issue was with AML then I would have posted it here

Paul

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quote

p17blo, the problem is actually with gmail as AML is properly formatting the link. Since you may be able to get to it quicker, do you mind posting the link to the thread in question over at Raven's site?

Thanks,
montego

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote

Never mind, since you posted and solved it so quickly on Raven's site, I only just now saw your thread.

Here is the link for the solution:

http://ravenphpscripts.com/postp106527.html#106527

Yes, I will be making a revision to AML now that there is a definite bug in it, rather than just the client. But, timing will have to be TBD.

View next topic
View previous topic