Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote

I'm just wondering why eople don't read things.
I have modified my Your Accouny module to clearly identify which email addresses I will not allow registrations for and they still use them to try and register accounts.

Would be a neat trick to be able to redirect them back to the registration page with htaccess if the domain was in the url string lol.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:40 am Reply with quote

Its the same with the rules.Ive made my forum rules clear as daylight but the most user just dont read. So Ihave still to edit forums posts and deactivet accounts.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:
Would be a neat trick to be able to redirect them back to the registration page with htaccess if the domain was in the url string lol.

Too bad its not in the URL string, but, instead, wrapped in a POST, right? Otherwise, it would be possible I think.

You could very easily do this in mainfile.php I think by cycling through the GET and POST variables...

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quote

Actually, not in mainfile.php as that would be executed every blasted time...

socketus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quote

yah, it would seem that quite a few forumgoers do not read. I do. Thats why its so frustrating to try to log in and read the referred links over at Raven's forums.

And I think I get why I cannot login and read the forums at Raven's - i'm not a current customer. Its annoying to be able to google or search his forums anonymously but to see the referred links and not to be able to see the forums after logging in ... grrrr !

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote

You should be able to see all the public forums once logged in a Ravens site. Do you have any sample links?

floppy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote

I can't promise they will read the rules, but this forum mod will force them to view it their first time in your forums.

http://www.clan-themes.co.uk/download-file-244.html#dl

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
floppy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote

On to guardian..

Couldn't you do something like this

Code:
if(strstr($email, 'montegoscripts.com')){
header "location: www.disneyworld.com";
}

Do that on the check you could easily use $_POST or $_GET there.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quote

Well, that is PHP code and not .htaccess directives, but, yes, something like that would work just fine. Guardian was hoping to stop it within .htaccess, presumedly to avoid having to modify core PHP code.

However, I, myself, have been wondering if I shouldn't be "hooking" into nuke using the includes/custom_files more than I have, mainly the custom mainfile.php. This is possible you know... Wink

In fact, it even gets included BEFORE NukeSentinel.

floppy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quote

This is a little off subject, but it would be so nice if every file could have its own custom file. This would make upgrades so easy.

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote

Thanks floppy. Ill check the download.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quote

floppy wrote:
This is a little off subject, but it would be so nice if every file could have its own custom file. This would make upgrades so easy.

I suppose it is do-able to an extent. You would just have to be very careful when creating a 'custom' file that it did not contain and replicated function names.
My first 'community' site used a perl script called WebAPP that had this exact same functionality. It made modifications really easy to maintain.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote

And in my mainframe days, I could point my JCL to a list of "libraries" and it would look in them in order, kind of like a PATH statement in a way.

Yes, I actually started my professional life on the mainframe with COBOL. Isn't that sad? I cut my teeth on a Commodore 64, graduated to a IBM PC Jr., then subsequent lines of 286 / 386 machines and then ended up professionally on a stupid mainframe... those were the "Dark Days". LOL!

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:02 am Reply with quote

Oh boy, COBOL and FORTRAN - now that brings back a few memories!!
I have almost lost track of my PC history, at least the precise timeline but it would be something like;
Commodore PET (screen and keyboard in one 'box'), Commodore 128, Commodore 64, Dragon 32 (I believe Tandy made something very similar called the TRS-80 ), the doomed Oracle 1, Atari 1500, I even had a Sinclair at one point.
I actually wrote some games for the Commodore 64 and Dragon 32 but nothing fancy, just 'Trivia' quiz type games to keep family and friends amused at dinner parties etc.
Then came 'proper' personal computers when my first purchase was HP P120 with an absolutely MASSIVE 1.2Gig hard drive and unbelievable 64Mb of on-board RAM.
Oops sorry, got carried away and went a little off-topic Wink

View next topic
View previous topic