Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
jjh221

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 am Reply with quote

Well when trying to access the Private Messages module link as a vistor, with the module set to "All Visitors", we get redirected to http://mysite.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&redirect=privmsg&folder=inbox.

The only way i guess to fix this would be in the index file right? telling it to point directly to account.html if visitor. Im not sure if this is the correct way to do it but could anyone help?

j

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quote

The Private Messages module should NEVER be given to Visitor. It should always be Registered User only. That is the way it was designed to be since it is private messages between registered users only.

Why would you want to try and change that?

jjh221

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:01 am Reply with quote

thats not really what im trying to do. When going to Private Messages as a Vistor you get redirected to account.html but the long link. So basically instead of getting redirected to the long link, cant we just redirect to the short one? I could set Private Messages in Modules to registered only but when i go to it and see im restricted I might not know i need to login, unless it tells me to.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quote

Ok, I see what you are saying now. Honestly, though, is this really an issue worth pursuing? What is it hurting? Everything still works, its just not tapped. I see no value, really, from a SEO perspective.

I'd have to look at this closer to see if there is a non-code change solution.

jjh221

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote

yeah, i guess its not really worth messing with unless here is an easy fix, was just bothering me trying to get all links short.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote

IMHO it is not worth tapping. The Private Messages module should only be accessible for registered users so the link should never get crawled.
If you wanted to hard code the tap, I guess it could be done in the PM laanguage file (possibly but have not checked) as I beleive the redirection link is in there.

View next topic
View previous topic