Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote

Note: Topic Title enhanced by Admin

I'm getting hundreds of these in my server error logs - any idea's?
Code:
popgraphic(): Failed opening 'modules/HTML_Newsletter/l_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/public_html/modules/Web_Links/index.php on line 894
[Sun Aug 14 10:35:59 2005] [error] PHP Warning:  popgraphic(modules/HTML_Newsletter/l_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/modules/Web_Links/index.php on line 894

I thought this might have been a Weblinks problem, then noticed the reference to l_config.php there is no l_config.php in the module/HTML_Newsletter diretory!

Also;
Code:
main(): Failed opening 'modules/HTML_Newsletter/associates.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/public_html/modules/News/article.php on line 248
[Sun Aug 14 10:24:14 2005] [error] PHP Warning:  main(modules/HTML_Newsletter/associates.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/modules/News/article.php on line 248

Again, there is no associates.php in the modules/HTML_Newsletter directory.[/b]

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:50 am Reply with quote

Something is awry here.
The l_config.php file is actually in the Weblinks directory, so the newsletter must be linking to it incorrectly - no idea why though.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Guardian,

It is difficult for me to say given that you are using such a heavily modified version of Nuke (i.e., Digital Goods - Nuke Royal). It sounds to me like there may be a conflict in variable names somewhere? The tool was designed to work with the base Nuke modules + NSN Groups.

Another thing to try, though, is to re-FTP the HTML_Newsletter scripts to your server and make absolutely CERTAIN that your FTP client is using ASCII mode. Another user had this problem.

What version of Nuke is this, nuke and patch level? If it is 7.4 or less, you need the files under the ./admin folder in the distrubution. If it is 7.5 or 7.6, try removing these files IF you had FTP'd them to your server. I wonder if there is a conflict here with NukeRoyal.

Regards,
montego

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:00 pm Reply with quote

I am certain the conflict is not with E-Solutions, though that does not mean there may be a conflict with something else on my site. E-Solution uses variables and DB table and field names beginning with 'NR' specifically to avoid this sort of issue - so the problem must be with something else on my site.

The newsletter is trying to point to files which dont exist under the module newsletter directory and one file in particular, the associates.php file - I have not managed to locate that file anywhere on the site yet.
I would agree that this is possibly due to a conflict with variables so I'll probably change all the ones in your code if I am unable to find the culprit by systematically turning off blocks and modules throughout the site.

I spent a couple of hours writing a great newsletter and the mail send didnt work even though the process was shown on the page as OK - so I have pulled the whole module for now and will start again as I made some changes to your code.

I'll use a virgin copy of your files and test again each time I make some changes, though the ones I did make were only minor ones apart from the header area.

Don't worry, no one is expecting you to fix something that isnt broken - I just posted here what I found in case it had already been reported.
I'm using nuke 7.5 patched to 3.0 together with Sentinel.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote

I just hate for you to have to go through so much trouble. Good news is that I am running 7.5_3.0 on two sites along with Sentinel as well and have not had any issues so far. I also have a variety of different replacement tools (such as NSN stuff) for various core nuke modules.

So, I am still wondering if it isn't a corrupt file somewhere? Your symptoms are exactly those of "kenspa" in the Forums on http://www.nukeworks.biz. He re-FTP'd, making sure his client was forced into ASCII mode and made sure the permissions were right, and then it worked.

Here is the thread:

http://nukeworks.planetgunsmokeclan.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=220

At least you can see that he was able to re-extract (worth a try -- is your unzip client unzipping everything?) and re-FTP and everything works now.

If you find any more clues, please let me know so I can try to assist with a fix.

Thanks and regards,
montego

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:29 am Reply with quote

Guardian, my appologies, as I am still learning the moderator tools within phpBB. I accidentally removed the below post when I tried to split your new feature request out to the other forum. Again, sorry.

From Guardian:
=======================
Quote:
OK thank you for the advice.
I am at work for the next three days doing 18 hour shifts but I will come back after that and see what happens.
One of the first things I think is to download a fresh copy of the files to make sure they are ok, then delete existing server side file before uploading the new one in forced ascii mode (I use WSFTP Pro).
I will test that and then hunt down this popgraphic() function which seems to be triggering an error somewhere (possibly due to a conflict) on my particular site.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:39 am Reply with quote

No prblem, it happens to me all the time Wink

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote

Just to let you know I am re-installing it now from scratch with virgin files. I'll let you know what happens and eport back when I find what it is that is conflicting on my site.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote

I suspect it might have been a conflct between googletap and the newsletter 'block'.
With the block disabled, the errors disappear.
I also noticed, with the block enabled, any links from the 'Content' module (from the main menu) are pointing to the newsletter which was quite amusing until I disabled the block.
Will do more testing on this tomorrow as I had quite a lot of visitors on the site today.

I should make clear for any others reading this that it is doubtfull it is a bug with your script, more of a possible incompatibility/conflict issue and I only post this information here for the benefit of others - the thread can always be deleted.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Guardian,

Appreciate the insight. I am taking a hard look at 1.3 and am thinking of re-writing much of it, at least variable handling, etc. With my new scripts, I have been sticking to a strict standard that should ensure no interoperability issues, albeit, longer variable names (more typing), but it will be worth it.

Again, thanks for the heads-up and sure appreciate the faithfulness to the community!

Regards,
montego

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:42 pm Reply with quote

As I dont have Moderator status here <cough>, any chance you can amend the subject to [Resolved] please?
Popgraphic is a function within the news module index.php file and the reason for the 'conflict' was that darn newsletter block which we now have sorted Smile

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:
As I dont have Moderator status here <cough>, any chance you can amend the subject to [Resolved] please?
Popgraphic is a function within the news module index.php file and the reason for the 'conflict' was that darn newsletter block which we now have sorted Smile

Hey, I can't make you a Moderator, you'd spend too much time here and have more posts than me! Laughing Actually, just figured you spend enough time already helping others out on othe sites such as Raven's. So, please do not feel slighted. You have to be careful what you ask for. Wink

I have recoded the block as well (literally everything!). I prefer to use my own javascript function names and make them very much unique. I am finding alot of things that I want to change in future versions too, but Raven is beating on me to get 1.3 done! Wink Wink

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Now my eyes are playing tricks on me - I could swear this theme was full width in my browser a minute ago.
No problem mate, just trying to save you a bit of work.
Next time I see you on another site, I'll be there telling you to get 1.3 done hehehe

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote

Guardian wrote:
Now my eyes are playing tricks on me - I could swear this theme was full width in my browser a minute ago.
No problem mate, just trying to save you a bit of work.
Next time I see you on another site, I'll be there telling you to get 1.3 done hehehe

I am confused. I am seeing this as full width just fine. Too much eggnog? Smile

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:44 am Reply with quote

Yeah that might be it Wink

View next topic
View previous topic