View next topic
View previous topic
Selina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quote

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quote

You are MOST welcome. However, I have to tell you, that I am ashamed that I have not worked on it since last March or so. My next release will be able to handle larger number of recipients!

Selina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote

I am really keen to see the new version of the newsletter because we are required to send out over 500 emails and are getting a few errors.

I am a developer and wanted to know if you knew what needed to occur to satisfy this requirement. If I manage to develop the code and get it working I would be happy to forward it onto you as I am keen to get the next version underway.

Cheers

Selina. Very Happy

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quote

Well, the new version IS under planning right now (its on my front page news too). I am going to use a combination of sessions and db to keep track of where each "batch" left off and for ensuring that the person who submitted the long-running process is still the right person (my biggest concern).

There are also two ways to batch: manual and automated. The manual method is simply require the admin to click "Next Batch" once the first one is done; that's the easiest. I want to also provide an "automated" version that will automatically submit the next batch. Very much how NukeSentinel does it today with its ip2country assignment functions.

Sorry, no timing on anything.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote

BTW, my other concerns with large batches of emails is having someone become blacklisted. I cannot accept responsibility for that, nor WILL I, but I want to see if there is anything that I can do to help the admin configure the processing a bit more to possibly avoid this. I.e., batch sizes, delays between batches, opt-outs, etc. In addition, what to do with bounce-backs. These are all problems stemming from having a large target email list...

View next topic
View previous topic