Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
floppy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote

Trying to use the plain grey template and my page keeps coming up with no template so to speak. If I can hunt up your email I will forward it to you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
floppy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quote

I noticed this link works

http://www.t3gamingcommunity.com/html_newsletter-2.html

But my hotmail is not showing the template. Am I doing something wrong?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Thats interesting.
Try sending it to me
webmasterATcode-authorsDOTcom

I suspect it is the way Hotmail is handling it

floppy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote

I suspected the same.

You should have mail shortly.

floppy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Fancy works! now isn't that odd. Maybe I will just mod that one up until I can find a fix.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Yep got it no problem.
I think it is possible that Hotmail is filtering something and causing it to block the whole thing but without comparing the code it is impossible to tell for sure.
I originally suspected it might be the way the maill address is handles but I think your tests so far have ruled that out as it is only the one template that is affected.

floppy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for looking into that for me. I will try to stumble through that template.php later and see if anything catches my eye.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote

floppy, just sent you another template.php to try. Let me know what this one does please. TIA.

floppy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote

No luck with that one either. I tried to email you a copy not sure if you got it since your server thought I was spam.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote

I got it. All you have to do is prove that you are not an automated spammer by sending in the reply, which you must have done. And, yes, I see what you mean. Very strange indeed. I will try it from this site and see what I get... the anonymous one seemed to work fine, but it doesn't send an email.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote

Well, definitely not liking what I am seeing. Shows fine in IE and FF in the browser version, but not so in the web mail. I looked at my yahoo account via Microsoft Outlook and it renders just fine. So, I suspect it is some tags that are not proper.

If I get time, I'll look into these. However, I stongly encourage you to create your own templates to match the look-and-feel of your own site. These are meant to just be samples to get you started. I really have never been impressed with DeepBlue, Plain Grey or Plain Jane and I plan on not supporting / providing these in the future because I did not write them, and they are "ugly". Smile

I have a template from Guardian that looks really nice too and jaded was working on one awhile back. I am going to create one that is pure XHTML/CSS2 compliant with NO tables - hopefully with the next release (which is also where I will remove these other templates).

floppy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys, I have started to mod up the fancy template to fit my needs. I agree with you about dropping those plane templates on next version.

Very Happy

charmquark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quote

I'm new and still clueless and this topic seemed to be the same issue.

Would there be the same problem with other mail providers, like Yahoo?

It was the weirdest thing.. (silly machines). Yesterday I'm tossing pixels into the universe with my shiny new montego newsletter script and a user/mod with Yahoo account received the email(s), but all fields were blank. I went to her computer, it looked totally normal except there were no headers and no body. There was no attachment link. It felt like the .css was all screwy, but highlighting was a blank.

Am I on topic?

Anyways, I forwarded the email from her account to my shaw.ca account, it arrived as an attachment and certainly had a file size, and it pop'd open just fine.

Or, maybe my issue has nothing to do with a template or yahoo? And being clueless, I'll dig more.

Have a happy nuking day...
CodyG

more thoughts: I'm going to install Firefox on her machine asap. I'll get back to you.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:18 am Reply with quote

I most certainly appreciate the additional help CodyG! I am not having this issue, but have a feeling that something is starting to change out in ISP-land that is causing issues.

One thing to consider about Yahoo and other email hosts these days is that they automatically block all external src, such as images and css. You have to "Allow Images" in many cases now to get any newsletter to really show properly. I wonder if that is what is going on.

BTW, the CSS is all in-line (unless you have created a new template that links to an external CSS file). My guess its the image blockers.

View next topic
View previous topic