Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Strail

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote

I'm completing the newsletter text area in various ways trying to get it to work - html/text/c&P from dreamweaver html etc etc. Turned on and off the WYSIWYG option in config.

It seems it doesnt recognise the input when i click preview and always gives me this error.

Im running 7.7 nuke, will this be the problem or is there something even dumber that I havent done?

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote

HTML Newsletter is designed specifically for nuke versions no higher than 7.6 due to the security issues with the tiny_mce editor that was part of the 7.7+ distributions.

Have you got the latest security patches from Chatserv as these are a requirement.

Having said all that, if you have the latest Chatserv patches (these have been discussed in the forums here) and the editer is turned off it shouldn't be a problem.
You should still be able to type in html tags directly provided the tags are allowed in the 'allow_html_array' which you can find in probably both the nukeroot/config.php and nukeroot/mainfile.php

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Actually, the way the Tiny MCE editor was implemented in 7.7 and above, it will not let the HTML Newsletter work. I thought long and hard about supporting the higher nuke levels, but each time, I keep coming back to my not wanting to condone what was done in those releases in terms of stripping out the security checks.

Sorry, but I still not support anything above 7.6 at this time.

View next topic
View previous topic