Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
coRpSE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote

Just wondering if there is any future for this script? I have looked and not much has been said. I saw that there is, but maybe not for a year or two, and it's been almost 3 years since that post I saw.

Unfortunately, I get allot of questions over at clanthemes, Evo Xtreme, Skype and TS3 about it and I have been able to help them from the most part, but some errors like I know more and likely is because they are sending too many emails at once and they need something where they can batch maybe like 250 email and hour or something like that. I also have had problems with people sending out the news letters and it only does half the list, the other half get locked after someone with a bad email, (just an observation I have found, don't believe its is the true factor).

Just looking to see if this will be continued to be developed or should I direct them towards something like phplist for their newsletter. I personally have been using the HTML Newsletter for years with my Extreme site using the version 1.4.0 and I like it.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote

coRpSE,

Thank you for reaching out on this. I don't know what the future holds, but I can say at this point, right now, I have no motivation to do any new development whatsoever.

Unfortunately my hobbies end up becoming obsessions and I've found that my personal life suffers in the end. Therefore, outside of my obligations to a few non-profits, I am out of the game.

I intend on keeping this site alive, but outside of keeping !@#$%^ spammers out of these forums and news comments, I make no promises regarding support of any kind.

Thanks and regards,
montego

coRpSE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
coRpSE,

Thank you for reaching out on this. I don't know what the future holds, but I can say at this point, right now, I have no motivation to do any new development whatsoever.

Unfortunately my hobbies end up becoming obsessions and I've found that my personal life suffers in the end. Therefore, outside of my obligations to a few non-profits, I am out of the game.

I intend on keeping this site alive, but outside of keeping !@#$%^ spammers out of these forums and news comments, I make no promises regarding support of any kind.

Thanks and regards,
montego

I do have a solution for your spammer problem, if they are non human bot type spammers. A system that nuken at www.trickedoutnews.com has been testing for the past 8 months which has stopped 31002 bots from registering on his site and what he has said, nothing has gotten by.

It's the Honeypot system, http://www.clanthemes.com/ftopicp-54579.html#54579

Other than that, I completely understand what your talking about. I will look into something that can be done maybe to pass people over until a update or something new can replace the system.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing. This also prompted me to post a new Message at the top of my site. I should have done that a long time ago.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote

I had looked into a responsive email template for the HTML Newsletter some time back; but with all the work on the board it has been a low priority. That may come someday, but I won't be much help as far as function improvements to the module. Interesting read though:
https://www.campaignmonitor.com/guides/mobile/

View next topic
View previous topic