Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Derek765

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote

Hello Montego,

I had a question about the Shortlinks hack, I have editted my rnconfig.php to this below, now I see it says if AutoTapLinks is enabled which I currently have it enabled, it COULD slow down your site, now in your opinion, should I keep this enabled to be safe, to stop any error page requests that might happen?:

Also, should I be using your Dynamic Titles hack in conjuction with Shortlinks?

Code:

/*********************************************************************************
* TegoNuke(tm) ShortLinks Configuration Options:
**********************************************************************************/
$tnsl_bUseShortLinks   = true;  // Setting this to "true" will cause RavenNuke(tm) to shorten the URLs in GoogleTap/GTNG fashion.
$tnsl_bAutoTapBlocks   = true;  // Setting this to "true" will cause RavenNuke(tm) to shorten the URLs automatically for block files.
$tnsl_bAutoTapLinks    = true;  // Setting this to "true" will cause RavenNuke(tm) to search for additional untapped links and attempt to shorten them - could slow down your site
$tnsl_bDebugShortLinks = false;  // Setting this to "true" will cause the ShortLinks function to display debugging information.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:08 am Reply with quote

It 'could' slow down your site is really just a disclaimer to cover some hosting providers who don't set up their servers properly or over sell accounts. I myself have found no siginifcant difference between having that option turned on or off BUT if you have a lot of modules installed that do not have 'taps' it would be better to keep that option turned off.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote

First off, I echo Guardian's answer.. Just a disclaimer and only YOU can determine whether it is an issue or not. But, in my own case, I leave it off as I make sure I have taps everywhere I want/need them (key point in that last statement--not all links have to be tapped).

Derek765 wrote:
Also, should I be using your Dynamic Titles hack in conjuction with Shortlinks?

Derek, I've seen your posts over on Raven's site which lead me to believe that you are fairly new RavenNuke(tm) user meaning that you should be using a very recent version. If you have nukeNAV then you already have the newer built-in version of "Dynamic Titles". It is built right into nukeSEO's DH feature which came into RN, I believe, with 2.40 release.

View next topic
View previous topic