Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Legend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quote

Hello I have searched through the forum and cant find anything to help me out with the prob I have. I am running nuke platinum 7.6 and have installed the module and loaded the tables. I can send a newsletter without any html tags but once I have added a full page that has coding in it i end up geting banned from my site and have to log in to the site with a different IP addy just to unban my own. Am I missing something that needs to be installed with this module or do I just need to edit something to allow the HTML tags in a newsletter. All help is appreciated Thanks

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote

This is not HTML Newsletter related as there is nothing in there that does bans. It must be something in Platinum that is stopping your entry of HTML tags. Not even sure what Platinum uses, maybe Protector? Not sure how to stop that. Sorry.

If you are just starting out with a site, you might be better off switching now to RavenNuke as you will have far fewer problems... Wink

Legend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote

Hello thanks for the quick reply. I have a copy of Raven Nuke But my site is already established since feburary this year. I was using PHP Nuke 7.8 then changed to this platinum one and peeps didnt like it. So im not sure if I want to change again. Is there any other sites you know of that might be able to help with this sort of prob I am having. I might have to go back to the site where i got PHP Nuke Platinum and see what they happen to say about it. Thanks for the reply anyways.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Well, I think the NP site would be your best bet. I have never used this distro, but I seem to recall that it used a different XSS protection software other than NukeSentinel. Without the use of HTML tags, at least for an admin, the HTML Newsletter is pretty much useless to you. Sad

Legend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Hello. I have gone through the ravennuke site and found out that the nuke senitnel is more updated. Maybe this is the case as why it blocks me. My platinum sentinel isnt set for the html newsletter. I am thinking about doing the site with raven nuke as I have copied over the theme I use in platinum and it now looks the same as before but not edited like I had done to platinum. I tried to copy the members over but they dont seem to be the same user tables as ravennuke uses. So looks like I might just have to edit one by one and add them all as i go along. Unless there is an easier way. Any thanks for your replies and hope to visit the site again soon Very Happy Very Happy

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote

Legend,

Definitely read the HowToInstall manual which comes with RavenNuke(tm). There is one section on Upgrading/Migrating with a lot of hints on what to do. Also, the RavenNuke forums are very active and most issues people have had have answers already too them.

In your case, I would highly recommend having a replica of your environment and site on your local PC with XAMPP. I also recommend getting yourself MySQLDiff as it will show you how to modify your existing Platinum db structure to match RN's so that you can modify what you have and then move the data over to RN. Doing this on your local PC will save your corrupting your production web site.

View next topic
View previous topic