Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quote

Slackervaara wrote:
Sorry, I was unclear Send tested works for me for sending one newsletter, but I can't send via Send tested the second time. It seems that send tested can be used only once and the second try I get error message.

Admin Note: I have split out this thread and we'll continue to address the multiple test send permissions issue here. Thanks.

Slackervaara, and like I said this works perfectly for me everytime (even the second send). I need to know what the permissions are on the testsend.php file - I mentioned above that I need that. Thanks.

Last edited by montego on Tue May 06, 2008 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total 
Slackervaara

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote

My admin_send_tested.php is 644

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote

Slackervaara wrote:
My admin_send_tested.php is 644

That is correct in that those permissions are what is given to the file by the script.
It appears that your server environment does not allow writing at that level so you may have to manually CHMOD that file to 777.
I'm sure they might be a way to alter the script to make it changed the CHMOD to 777 but you might have to wait until Montego gets home for more info.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote

But, the script is supposed to handle that. Slackervaara, do you have the following line within your admin_send_mail.php script:

Code:

if (!defined('MSNL_PHP_AS_CGI')) @chmod( $msnl_sFFilename, 0766 );

Also, is your apache running as CGI or as an Apache module?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote

I just checked, and that line is only in the version of RavenNuke latest. Within that script, check out the code under these comments:

Code:

/************************************************************************
   * Build datesent and filename strings and write the newsletter file.
   ************************************************************************/

You will see the "@" sign in front of some of the file based PHP statements, such as @chmod and @copy. remove just those "@" signs and turn your $display_errors to "true" and then report back with any error messages that you see on the page from PHP.

Don't post any specific paths (i.e., just need any relative paths) given in the error messages as I might not be back on the forums until later tonight and I don't want those to get out into the public eye. Wink

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote

Ok, I think that I have finally sorted out my thread split. Sorry for the inconvenience. This thread originally came from over here:

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quote

I removed @, when it was first in the line, but it gave the identical error messages. Unfortunately, my web hotel gives me no access to error logs, so I can't see the error messages.

Changed admin_send_tested.php to 777, but it did not make any difference.

I don't know about apache, but phpinfo says something about FastCGI.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote

Changing that script to 777 is not what to do. However, changing the testemail.php script under the archives directory could help.

Still would like to know what the permissions were on the testemail.php script that is created under the archives directory upon first running the Test Send process. You gave me the permission of the script that is creating the newsletter instead of the newsletter file itself...

FastCGI. Interesting.

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote

I found testemail.php now and the permission was 664.

I changed it to 777, but the problem persists and reports of no testemail.php despite it is present.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote

I know that this may be more effort than it is worth to you, so if you do not want to do this, do not worry about telling me so. ok?

But, if you are willing to try something out, if you are not using the HTML Newsletter code from the latest RavenNuke 2.20.01 release, could you try backing up your current modules/HTML_Newsletter directory and overwriting it with what is in the RavenNuke equivalent and trying again, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am stumped as to why this would not work and that you are seeing no other error messages when $display_errors is set. I may have to dig through the code some more.... You are certain the error message is the same as what KASR posted in the other thread???

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote

I have tried your suggestion with RavenNuke and I get the identical behaviour and error messages as previously. One strange thing. After sending newsletter to admin Send Tested is most often not a link, unless I click on Create Newsletter then it is working normally. Also, I could not see any Testemail.php.

I get no error message despite config.php is set to true. I thought this setting means that the error messages show up in error logs, which are unavailable to me. On my web hotels CPanel PHP errors is On. I know that my web hotel has Safe Mode On.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote

I'll have to look up "Safe Mode" again as I know there are several other scripts, such as Gallery, which cannot run in this mode. I suspect that is the issue.

If you switch back to the older code, can you tell what the userid/groupid is for the testemail.php file?

I just cannot help to think it could also be a FastCGI/SafeMode combination. But having never used either one of these, nor had anyone until now who is using it, I am concerned that I may not be able to help you until version 1.4 which gets rid of using the file system to store the newsletters. Sad

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote

I am using the old version now. I had to send four different newsletters until testemail.php appeared. It seems not to appear so often.

testemail.php had this:

rw-rw-r 1 41454 usernameofmysite

BTW, it is not often I uses more than once Send Tested, so it is not a big issue for me.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Ok. I appreciate the time you have given already. Given that I have rewritten this entire code already for version 1.4 to get away from writing to the file system, once I release (no date yet) 1.4, this issue will go away for you.

Thanks!

View next topic
View previous topic