Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
freerolltourny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote

I have a phpnuke site 7.8. When I send out the newsletter the page times out. I have a poker forum and am sending it to 480 members. Is there a way to correct this?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this is an issue with the PHP script time-out setting. If you have control over your php.ini file, you can try and change your max_execution_time parameter. It can also, in Apache, be the Timeout parameter. These are typically set to 300 seconds (5 minutes).

At this time, I have not incorporated the enhancements needed to make this work for large numbers of users, but this is planned for future releases. You can, however, use NSN Groups from http://www.nukescripts.net to create separate groups, assign users to groups, and then send a newsletter to a smaller group of individuals... you would then be sending the same newsletter multiple times, but each to a smaller group of users.

I was thinking of adding a manual "paging" concept, but then decided that it was not as good as an automated version. However, it will take much longer to incorporate the automated version. This is not planned for 1.3, but is planned for 2.0 (I will be re-writing much of the core of the tool between 1.3 and 2.0, hence the "bump" in major version level.

Regards,
montego

charmquark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote

I love your script, Montego. It so rocks.

I would love to see a timer incorporated into the next version. Send 50 messages at a time, or send messages for x secs and stop and then get another batch. Or some method. There is a nuke mod called Trickle email and it wasn't perfect, but I lost the link, and I think it was in europe.

I edited my php.ini from 30 secs to 300 secs.
My httpd.conf says 120 secs.
Does this seem reasonable?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:50 pm Reply with quote

It is definitely planned for the next release (when? who knows) but have been waiting for RavenNuke 2.10 to get out the door... Sad I spend what little time I have on support forums and bug squashing... lol

Slackervaara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote

I had a problem on friday, when I sent a mass newsletter to my 1250 members and that was that the sending was stopped at approx 1000 members, due to the case that the web hotel had intermittent problems with the smtp server.

It would be good to be able to send a new newsletter from user_id 1000 and upwards without having to resend it to everyone again. Is it possible to add this feature?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote

Not within the 1.4 release, but maybe 1.5. With 1.4 I am getting the newsletter to be stored strictly within the database.

To be quite honest, I really need to re-write this whole thing from the ground up as I am still having to deal with legacy 1.0 code not written by me (not that I would have known what to do differently way back with 1.1...).

You could temporarily modify the SQL within:

modules\HTML_Newsletter\admin\admin_send_mail.php

To start with a given user_id > whatever that last user's user_id was and resend the newsletter.

Just a thought.

View next topic
View previous topic