Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote

I'm getting sick of users registering just to gain backlinks through their forum profile/signature etc and it is making maintenance with regard to approving accounts a pain.
Having the Approve Membership Lite is a great tool for weeding out the majority of a abusers and although I'm not certain if there is any intention to develop this further but it might be nice to have an additional feature whereby the initial registration process requires the user to 'tick the box' to agree to a terms of use (possibly linked to the Legal Module ?).

I may look at it myself after I have relocated in October as I'm now of the mind to introduce terms allowing me to charge $10 a pop for these abusers - why should webmasters / site maintainers have to do this sort of maintenance work for free?

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Actually, I wonder if it is really worth the effort if Steph is going to take on finally getting a workable CNBYA 5.0 release out the door right? I cannot see expanding upon AMLite if we're finally going to get the YA module replacement we've all been dreaming of (albeit, nightmares at times - lol) for years?

JMO anyways.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote

Thats a good point. I wasn't aware CBNYA 5.x was still being worked on and thought that after all the posts about it on Ravens site it had sort of simply died a natural death.
Now that you have reminded me I may as well add it to the top of my 'To Do' list (right under Sandra Bullock) - man I cannot wait for this relocation to be out of the way so I can really get to grips with things Smile

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:48 am Reply with quote

You may have missed that Steph is back and has supposedly picked CNBYA 5.0 to get it out the door. Have not heard from him since that initial announcement though...

View next topic
View previous topic