Montego Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
manik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:27 am Reply with quote

Hello my friend could you give me a few tips to making the themes for the newsletter a bit easier please.

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote

I think thats a little beyond the scope of a forum post but what I did with mine was to remove the PHP tags in the template and edit it manually in Dreamweaver.
The process is not perfect but at least gives you a starting point for the layout etc.

manik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote

If i edit it in html can i use the phpnuke-tools to convert it to php, would that work my friend?

Guardian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote

I have never used those tools so I couldnt comment on their use.
The only reasom I replied to your post was because I have already done a theme. As I had Dreamweaver on my PC, that is what I used but Dreamweaver will not show the layout whilst it has the PHP opening and closing tags in the file so I just removed them temporarily so Dreamweaver processed it as a html file instead of a php file.

manik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies. I do appreciatte your time my friend. If i find i can do the themes pretty easy i will behappy to do one for you as well as a thank you.

montego
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote

Personally, the most important thing for me was making sure that I got the overall layout of the theme right and then the other content pieces would follow.

So, I copy and paste the HTML code that is being stored into the $emailfile variable out into a separate .html file and modify it to be what I want. That is probably 90% of the "battle".

I then copy that back into my template.php file.

Then, you can also do what Guardian has mentioned for each content area, and place that HTML right into your layout HTML get it looking the way you want, and then you have to pull out the header, rows and footer back out into your template.php file.

Sorry, but this templating system, although much simpler than some other newsletter tools, it still requires some work...

manik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote

will give it a go my friend, as i look over the theme system it really isnt that bad once you grasp your brain around it..

View next topic
View previous topic